Official Opening of Hotel Chadstone
The ribbon has been cut to mark the unveiling of Hotel Chadstone Melbourne, MGallery by Sofitel, with the first guests arriving on 1 November to enjoy Melbourne’s newest luxury destination.
The five-star, $130 million hotel was opened by Mr John Gandel AC, Victorian Minister for Suburban Development Marlene Kairouz, Vicinity Centres CEO Grant Kelley and Accor Asia Pacific Chairman and CEO Michael Issenberg.
Mr Kelley said: “We’re proud to be introducing Hotel Chadstone to our local community and Melbourne’s growing visitor market which have come to expect a world-class experience at Chadstone – The Fashion Capital. Hotel Chadstone elevates Chadstone’s iconic position as one of the world’s best lifestyle destinations, bringing together retail, dining, entertainment, tourism, business and now accommodation. The new five-star hotel is another important addition to Vicinity’s portfolio of mixed-use assets and reinforces the capability of our team to deliver mixed-use projects, ensuring we continue to exceed our customers’ expectations.”
On arrival, guests can relax and enjoy the finer features from the materials and finishes through to curated artworks and personalised service. Exceptional details encompass the lobby with a bespoke digital art installation, as well as the indoor rooftop pool, bar and restaurant, Altus – capturing views across Port Phillip Bay and Melbourne’s skyline.
Fiona Mackenzie, Chadstone Director, said: “With the country’s largest luxury retail precinct, Chadstone is synonymous with excellence and premium experiences, and we’re thrilled to extend this offering with Hotel Chadstone setting a new benchmark for luxury accommodation outside Melbourne’s CBD. With more than 24 million people visiting Chadstone every year, including 500,000 from overseas, Hotel Chadstone will be an in-demand destination for domestic and international tourists and visitors, as well as business travellers and those attending corporate events.”
Also opening, renowned chef Scott Pickett’s Pastore will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner for guests and visitors to Hotel Chadstone, with a menu that reflects Melbourne’s love of quality dining and local produce.
Michael Issenberg, Accor CEO Asia-Pacific said: “Vicinity is a world-leader in retail asset management and Accor is not only the largest operator of hotels and resorts in Australia, but now the world’s second largest operator of luxury hotels. It’s a perfect partnership, and one that provides us with an opportunity to expand our luxury footprint in Melbourne, with MGallery delivering a stylish and memorable experience for our guests.”
Hotel Chadstone Melbourne, MGallery by Sofitel fact sheet:
- Five-star hotel operated by Accor under the MGallery by Sofitel brand
- The only five-star hotel outside Melbourne’s CBD
- 250 rooms including, 227 standard rooms, 21 suites and two penthouses located on Level 11
- 19,000 square metres in size, over 12 storeys
- Two restaurants: o Altus, rooftop bar and dining with sweeping views, located on Level 12
- Pastore, by renowned chef and restauranteur, Scott Pickett – located on the Ground Floor
- Rooftop indoor swimming pool
- Holism Retreat featuring nine treatment rooms, heated yoga shala and wellness light lounge
- Ballroom to accommodate up to 350 guests seated
- Nine unique meeting and event spaces to be tailored according to guests’ request
- Art and Design Library, with a coveted collection of art, fashion and design items and books
- Exterior designed by Australian architects Bates Smart
- Interiors designed by global architecture studios DWP
- Pastore designed by EDG
- Built by Hickory Group, constructed over 18 months
- Once certified by the Green Building Council of Australia, Hotel Chadstone will be the first five-star Australian hotel to receive a 5 Star Green Star Design & As Built rating
- The Link – a seamless connection between Hotel Chadstone, Tower One Offices and the retail precinct – designed by Make Architects, built by Hickory
- 100 designated, secure car spaces built underneath Hotel Chadstone, with Hotel Chadstone valet
- 150 permanent employees, more than 1,200 employed during construction
Hotel Chadstone Melbourne is jointly owned by the Gandel Group and Vicinity Centres.
2020 VRC Spring Carnival
Lexus Melbourne Cup The Race of Dreams to mark 160 years of Australia’s Greatest RaceRead More
BERRY MOTORFAIR 2020
In partnership with Motorsport Retro and Vaucluse Car Club, friends, families and car enthusiasts areRead More