CHADSTONE – THE FASHION CAPITAL EXPLORES THE ART OF FASHION
WHAT: Chadstone – The Fashion Capital has partnered with the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV), commencing as major sponsor of the NGV’s Summer 2019/20 exhibition, KAWS: Companionship in the Age of Loneliness arriving 20 September 2019 until 13 April 2020.
To celebrate the launch of Spring/Summer 2019 at The Fashion Capital, Chadstone hosted its In Conversation: The Art of Fashion event exploring the collision of two mediums, art and fashion.
Hosted at the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) by Editor-in-Chief of Stellar Magazine, Sarrah Le Marquand, the panel will include Aje CEO and Co-Founder, Adrian Norris, alice McCALL Senior Designer, Celeste Tesoriero, NGV Senior Curator, Fashion and Textiles, Katie Somerville, NGV Senior Curator, Contemporary Art, Simon Maidment and Director, Chadstone Fiona Mackenzie.
Extending on the event, Chadstone explores the concept through several touchpoints including:
- Chadstone’s recent announcement of a two year partnership with the NGV, commencing as major sponsor of the NGV’s summer exhibition KAWS: Companionship in the Age of Loneliness. Brian Donnelly and KAWS is a phenomenon that crosses the borders of art, fashion and pop culture.
- The KAWS exhibition will come to life in centre at Chadstone, from 21 September 2019 and runs each day until 6 October 2019 for the school holidays including Discover KAWS, KAWS for Kids and a NGV design store.
- Chadstone – The Fashion Capital releasing its Spring/Summer 2019 Campaign (SS19) in collaboration with Brazilian illustrator and creative consultant, Ana Strumpf, to bring the new season to life at The Fashion Capital. The campaign showcases Ana Strumpf merging the two mediums to highlight this season’s key trends – now available in centre.
Following the In Conversation event, guests were invited to exclusively preview the KAWS: Companionship in the Age of Loneliness exhibition ahead of its official launch to the public on Friday 20 September 2019.
WHEN: Tuesday 17 September, 2019, at 9:00am
WHERE: National Gallery of Victoria (NGV), Garden Restaurant, 180 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3006
- Tony Ellwood – NGV Director
- Fiona Mackenzie – Director, Chadstone
- Adrian Norris – Aje Co-Founder and Designer
- Celeste Tesoriero – alice McCALL Senior Designer
- Katie Somerville – NGV Senior Curator, Fashion and Textiles
- Simon Maidment – NGV Senior Curator, Contemporary Art
- Margie Woods – Founder and Creative Director of Viktoria + Woods
- Con Illiopoulos – Designer
- Effie Kats – Designer
- Eleanor Baillieu – Social personality
- Jessie Murphy – Social personality
Couture designer ZIAD NAKAD dresses Amandine Petit, Miss France 2021 for Miss Universe title
Amandine Petit is a 23-year-old-native of Caen, in Normandy France. She’s studying for her master’sRead More
2021 Miss World Australia – Victorian State Final
After the difficulties last year in staging a scaled-down pageant due to Covid-19, Miss WorldRead More