David Jones Kids featuring Disney, Star Wars and Marvel
David Jones and The Walt Disney Company Australia and New Zealand are pleased to announce the launch of their magical new children’s world – David Jones Kids featuring Disney, Star Wars and Marvel – which has transformed the top floor of the David Jones Elizabeth Street store into a one-of-a-kind, inspirational retail destination.
David Jones Kids is a truly enchanted space to shop, play and explore. It features five Disney-themed neighbourhoods full of magical, unexpected moments designed to transport customers to different mini-worlds and immerse themselves in Disney’s much-loved stories and characters.
Key elements of David Jones Kids include:
- Disney’s Winnie the Pooh – With stunning views over Hyde Park, Disney’s Winnie the Pooh will feature shareable moments that will have customers lingering under the expansive canopy of Winnie the Pooh’s much-loved honey tree in the 100 Acre Wood. The space includes a Pooh-themed dressing room and cubby house and a Pooh photo opportunity. For those embarking on the grand adventure of parenthood, there will also be a nursery design advisor on hand to assist you in creating a memorable space for your new arrival.
- Marvel – Time to suit up! Roam this New York-inspired locale to find the perfect shoes and active clothes needed for your next mission – whether it’s to save the world or go back to school. Young fans can measure their feet against their favourite Marvel character, take a photo with Ant-Man and then head over to the Marvel Story Zone to get their Marvel movie or comic book fix.
- Star Wars – Escape to a galaxy far, far away where new frontiers are discovered and explored. Contemporary apparel for your young Padawan exists here amongst a world of play, interactivity and technology featuring a giant, interactive Millennium Falcon and motion-sensor activated BB-8 droid.
- Disney Princess – Dreamy visions of fairy lights, castles, carousels and a Magic Mirror awaits you! The world’s best designer brands live amongst this enchanted place, beckoning you to invest in a timeless piece for your little prince or princess.
- High Street – Take a stroll down High Street to experience a premium range of boutique shops (including Country Road, Seed Kids, Armani Junior and Polo Ralph Lauren) filled with the latest fashion and toys for kids. Incorporating hidden Disney touches and a nod to Sydney’s historic architecture, High Street is filled with charming, unexpected design details. A Finding Nemo-themed parents’ room will provide a calm and relaxing space for you to tend to your little one.
- A dedicated Event Space that will house Santa for Christmas, seasonal activations and ongoing exciting activities and events to create lasting magical memories.
Customers can access the floor through a dedicated express lift to Level 9 where a Lego Mickey Mouse, built with 46,732 lego bricks, will greet you on arrival.
The floor is home to a range of the newest and most exclusive toys, apparel, footwear, books, games and puzzles from leading local and international children’s brands. It is also an ever-evolving space that will see Disney’s extensive calendar of upcoming releases reflected in new experiences, as well as changing seasonal overlays full of hidden surprises.
Souvenir maps of the floor will be available for customers to take their own piece of Disney magic back home, while an Events Calendar will be on hand for customers to discover lots of amazing things to do.
David Jones Chief Executive Officer, David Thomas said, “We’re thrilled to be launching David Jones Kids in partnership with The Walt Disney Company, a world-class shopping destination providing customers with not only the best in retail but a truly engaging and immersive experience filled with worlds of wonder and excitement that will have customers coming back again and again. The David Jones and Disney teams have worked hand in hand to create this world of wonder that promises to delight both children and adults alike.”
Senior Vice President and Managing Director, The Walt Disney Company Australia and New Zealand, Kylie Watson-Wheeler added: “David Jones Kids is a truly magical destination that has been designed with an exceptional customer experience in mind, one that showcases a world of excitement and wonder, full of unexpected moments.”
“The floor provides the opportunity for customers to experience the magic of storytelling from The Walt Disney Company in a space that is unique to Australia. Each of the five different neighbourhoods has a unique look and feel with its own connecting sounds and visuals, which will allow people of all ages to truly immerse themselves in Disney’s much-loved stories and characters.”
2020 Australian Fashion Laureate
IMG has announced the finalists of the 2020 Australian Fashion Laureate presented by DHL, celebratingRead More
BOUX AVENUE LAUNCHES ONLINE BRA FIT FINDER
Boux Avenue is excited to announce the launch of its online Bra Fit Finder thatRead More