JOEL EDGERTON AWARDED GQ AUSTRALIA’S MAN OF THE YEAR 2018
GQ Australia has celebrated its 20th anniversary and the 12th annual GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi. Twenty awards were presented at a black tie gala at The Star in Sydney, with winners appearing in the special GQ Men of the Year issue, on sale Thursday 15 November.
The GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi recognise and honour extraordinary men and women who lead by example, striving for positive change, and achieving great success in their chosen field. Some of the biggest international stars walked the GQ red carpet in Sydney including: GQ Man of the Year Joel Edgerton, Naomi Watts who presented an award to GQ Creative Force recipient Cameron Bloom, GQ International Man of Style Lucky Blue Smith, GQ International Woman of the Year Emily Ratajkowski plus GQ Actor of the Year Keiynan Lonsdale and TV Actor of the Year Dacre Montgomery.
GQ Australia editor Michael Christensen said: “The GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi are our chance to celebrate the country’s true inspirations; to champion the people who are making a difference in their fields; and to shine a light on the men and women deserving of the highest praise. Turning 20 years old, we have 20 winners – icons and legends from the past two decades alongside the breakout stars leading us into the future. For the past two decades GQ has been the leading men’s lifestyle brand in Australia, instrumental in shaping every Aussie man because we have remained relevant and relatable to all – to the bachelor, the young father, the successful CEO, the eager grad, the creative type. Our goal has been, and continues to be, to help all men be their best selves. And judging by the evolution of Aussie blokes from loveable larrikins to progressive, sophisticated gentlemen of the world (sense of humour still in tact), it shows.”
Audi Australia managing director Paul Sansom said: “Audi stands for everything that the GQ Men of the Year Awards celebrate: outstanding performance and an unrelenting drive to continually push the boundaries of progress. We are delighted to continue our association with GQ for 2018 and congratulate all of this year’s outstanding award winners.”
The 2018 GQ Men of the Year Awards were attended by some of the countries biggest stars and business leaders including: Models Jarrod Scott, Jordan Barrett and David Jones Ambassador Jessica Gomes, GQ Legend Michael Clarke, GQ Sportsman of the Year Robert Whittaker, actors Jonathon LaPaglia, Ryan Corr, Jackson Gallagher and Ben Mingay, GQ Media Personality of the Year Todd Sampson, Ryan ‘Fitzy’ Fitzgerald and Michael ‘Wippa’ Wipfli, GQ Sporting Icon Kurt Fearnley, Adam Goodes and Michael Klim, comedian Joel Creasey, band The Rubens, Atlassian’s Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes, and The Hon. Anthony Albanese MP.
The annual GQ Men of the Year 2018 collector’s issue is on sale Thursday 15 November 2018 featuring exclusive interviews and accompanying shoots featuring all 20 award winners.
Winners of the 2018 GQ Men of the Year awards presented by Audi:
1. GQ Man of the Year in association with Audi Joel Edgerton
2. GQ Woman of the Year Elizabeth Debicki
3. International Man of Style Lucky Blue Smith
4. International Woman of the Year in association with Paco Rabanne Emily Ratajkowski
5. Actor of the Year in association with QANTAS Keiynan Lonsdale
6. TV Actor of the Year Dacre Montgomery
7. Creative Force in association with Grey Goose Cameron Bloom
8. Sportsman of the Year in association with The Star Robert Whittaker
9. Team of the Year Australian Invictus Games Team
10. Sporting Legend in association with David Jones Kurt Fearnley
11. GQ Legend in association with David Jones Michael Clarke
12. Media Personality of the Year in association with Grey Goose Todd Sampson
13. Breakthrough Sportsman of the Year Ben Simmons
14. Social Force in association with Audi Andy Ridley
15. Breakthrough Fashion Brand of the Year Double Rainbouu
16. Special Humanitarian Award Walk Free Foundation
17. Outstanding Achievement in Journalism Hedley Thomas
18. Breakthrough Artist of the Year Jamie Preisz
19. Innovation Award in association with Audi Seabin Project
20. Breakthrough Chef of the Year in association with Audi Josh Niland
Supporting partners of the 2018 GQ Men of the Year Awards include David Jones, Grey Goose, Paco Rabanne, Qantas and The Star.
Peter Pan in Neverland and HONK! Jr coming to Fairfield Amphitheatre
Families can look forward to fun outdoor performances of Peter Pan in Neverland and HONK! Jr when they lightRead More
Courtyard by Marriott announces two new outer Melbourne hotels
Courtyard by Marriott, part of Marriott International, has announced the signing of agreements with SulemanRead More