Seabourn Announces 2020 World Cruise
Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, is offering guests the opportunity to experience one of life’s greatest travel adventures with a 146-day World Cruise: Extraordinary Destinations on Seabourn Sojourn in 2020. The ship will visit many extraordinary and noteworthy destinations around the world, including the Caribbean, Africa, India, Arabia, Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Australia & South Pacific, and Hawaii. The ultra-luxury Seabourn Sojourn will depart Miami on January 4, 2020, and travel eastbound, arriving in San Francisco on May 28, 2020. The full itinerary is available on Seabourn’s website.
“The World Cruise on Seabourn Sojourn will be an extraordinary journey, offering guests a trip of a lifetime with many unique experiences and unforgettable adventures as they sail to so many far off destinations,” said Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales. “This is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in a world of fascination, culture, and people while our gracious crew makes you feel at home aboard the world’s finest resort at sea.”
Seabourn Sojourn will cross three great oceans and stop at 62 ports in 36 countries on five continents throughout the course of the sailing, featuring a combination of visits to world famous marquee ports and hidden gems. The voyage will include 16 overnights in port, and linger into the late evening another 18 times, enjoying more than one day exploring a port for every day relaxing at sea. There will be several exclusive world cruise events planned, as well as local shows, regional cuisines, and palate-pleasing wines for guests to enjoy as they sail around the globe.
A sampling of destination highlights includes:
- Dakar, Senegal (overnight) – The Parisian-style boulevards of Dakar bespeak its history as the center of French West Africa, but its streets are vivid with the colors of the fashionable Sénégalaise in their flowing Grands Boubous and elaborate turbans. The Musée Théodore Monod displays artifacts from the indigenous cultures, while the old slavers’ fortress on Gorée Island tells a different, tragic tale. The old capital of Saint-Louis is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Mombasa, Kenya (two overnights) – Seabourn Sojourn will linger in this ancient Swahili city for three days, allowing guests to explore its colorful markets, the 16th-century Portuguese Fort Jesus, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and also opt for safari tours to several of Kenya’s world-famous game parks on overland extensions. Other options include snorkeling the coral reefs at Mombasa Marine National Park, swimming at Diani Beach, or shopping for handcrafts at the community-run Bombolulu Workshop.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (overnight) – The ship sails up the Saigon River right to the heart of this former French colonial capital, offering travelers doorstep access to its broad Parisian-style boulevards and bustling shopping streets. The overnight stay allows more time to explore the city’s colorful market on a Shopping with the Chef tour and also discover the fascinating “rice bowl” farming region on a full-day river tour in the Mekong Delta.
- Cairns, Queensland, Australia (overnight) – Sailing down the Queensland coast, guests will pass into one of nature’s most extravagant displays – the massive, living Great Barrier Reef sprawling in multicolored splendor beneath the warm waters of the Coral Sea. Two days at Cairns provides time to explore its vast, subaquatic ecosystem, teeming with vividly colored tropical fishes, as well as the nearby, primeval Daintree Rainforest National Park, both of which are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
The line has planned an array of optional shore excursions in more than 20 ports with designated UNESCO World Heritage Sites thanks to its unique partnership with UNESCO. The world cruise will also feature several optional, mid-voyage overland excursions where guests will disembark at one port and rejoin the ship at another port, providing them with a more in-depth experience at certain destinations and sites, such as safari parks and game reserves in Kenya and South Africa, the magnificent Taj Mahal in India, and UNESCO World Heritage sites in Cambodia and Australia. Also available are optional Seabourn Journeys offering guests an immersive longer pre- and post-cruise land-based excursion to and from select destinations such as Cape Town, Singapore and Sydney.
For guests from the UK, Europe and Australia who book the full 146-day voyage by May 31st 2019 will receive a value-packed menu of complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
- Roundtrip Business Class Air
- $2,000USD Shipboard Credit per person
- $3,000USD Shipboard Credit per person for Penthouse and Premium Suites
- Unlimited WiFi
- Private car transfers door-to-door from your home
- Personal Valet® luggage shipping service between home and ship in Miami and San Francisco
- Unlimited Laundry and Dry Cleaning on board
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay prior to departure in Miami
- Three exclusive World Cruise events
- Special World Cruise pillow gifts
For guests who cannot sail on the entire 146-day voyage, shorter segments ranging from 30 to 116 days are also available.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
Guests who sail on Seabourn will continue to find a number of innovative offerings and programs, including partnerships with a select group of companies and individuals whose dedication to superior quality, exceptional service and consistent customer satisfaction matches Seabourn. These programs include ‘An Evening with Tim Rice’, the new evening entertainment experience created exclusively for the line in association with Belinda King Creative Productions; Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, offering guests a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being; and The Grill by Thomas Keller, reminiscent of the classic American restaurant from the 50’s and 60’s. Exclusive to Seabourn, The Grill is a unique culinary concept for Chef Keller, focusing on updated versions of iconic dishes. Guests will be treated to table-side preparations of Caesar salad and ice cream sundaes, as well as a range of other favorites like premium steaks, whole roasted chicken, and Lobster Thermidor, presented à la carte.
Certain other restrictions apply. For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
As the city reopens and resurges back to life, RISING, the state’s newest major cultural eventRead More
Las Vegas news briefs – April 2021
Wish You Were Here Group to Debut Kassi Beach House Renowned hospitality group Wish YouRead More